Jewish Voice for Peace is the only national Jewish group that provides a voice for Jews and allies who believe that peace in the Middle East will be achieved through justice and full equality for both Palestinians and Israelis. With offices in California and New York, 100,000 online supporters, chapters across the country, and an advisory board featuring some of the world’s best known Jewish thinkers and artists, JVP supports nonviolent efforts here and in Israel-Palestine to end Israel’s occupation, expand human and civil rights, and implement a US policy based on international law and democracy.
- Conducts global campaigns to defend and release Israeli and Palestinian human rights activists
- Works in coalition with others including Arab, Muslim, Palestinian and Christian groups to fight bigotry and end the occupation
- Fights McCarthyite censorship of debate and misuses of the charge of anti-Semitism, especially in the Jewish community
- Facilitates Congressional outreach regarding policy in the region
- Supports the growth of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement through divestment from companies that profit from the occupation
- Supports alternative Jewish rituals and celebrations